Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Carbon footprint

After taking the quiz, I found out that my carbon footprint is 4.46 earths. I think its because I have some pretty good energy saving habits such as turning off the lights in rooms that no one is using and turning off the water when I'm brushing my teeth, mostly common sense stuff. But apparently I still need more improving. Some things I could do is walk to the grocery store instead of drive there, and change my diet so that I will have less of a carbon footprint.

2 comments:

  1. I never thought that the little things like turning the water off while brushing my teeth and changning my diet can make such an impact. But now i realize that they do make a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JPUI- What i would do if i were you is sit down right a list of the things you need to work on and really focus on the high footprints. Then take that sheet of paper and write down the steps it will take to reach your short/long terms goals to reach and make it happen to lower your footprint. This method will give you a visual on what needs to take place to give reality to your goals. Miss Keely said," even the smallest things like changing a light bulb whats a difference." How would you grade yourself on your efforts?
    College students seems to have high numbers of carbon and food footprints because there always in a hurry and (on the run.) Maybe car pool, ride your bike, walk more and anything else you could think of. As for food make your lunches more, buy from farmer markets maybe once a week at least and eat one less meal of meat per week. Anything you try to help makes a lasting impact.
    thanks.
    Sincerely shell

    ReplyDelete