Sunday, February 22, 2009
Joe Medeiros
I think that his speech on biodiversity was pretty interesting. It made me realize how un-diverse the human species really is compared to all the others on this planet, and how completely dependent we are on other species. Are other species dependent on us? The video he showed was also interesting and talked about the importance of biodiversity and how humans have sort of unbalanced the whole ecosystem, decreasing the biodiversity on Earth because of the lifestyles we live. Biodiversity is something we have to keep and maintain, because without it probably means the end of life on Earth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree with Joe when he has stated on biodiversity how truly important it is. I never have considered or even knew how biodiversity plays a role in our human survival. It was very interest to hear that humans survival is based 100% percent on species. For example, if one takes out livestock a huge food source would be gone and simply would crush humanity survival rate. I also found it interesting was people try to help an issue from (over use) or (miss use) on a certain species and try to fix the problem by (selectively) breed or produced a certain type of species with (most) certain traits;however biodiversity helps with many things not only the survival gene pool,but variety of species helps fight deceases and bigger chance of survival. I love this class because it opens the door to many different avenues and communicates one individual can make an impact.
ReplyDelete