Sunday, March 29, 2009

guest speaker Laird Thompson

This guest speaker made me think about the future of oil and what we are going to do about it when it all runs out. I mean, just about everything we do these days requires us to use something that uses oil in it's production. For example, the computer that I'm using here to post this blog has oil based products in it, just about everything in the supermarket required oil to get there, anything that has plastic required oil to make, and these things are made everyday! In factories that probably need oil to run. And yet somehow I don't feel or notice any panic in the area or world I live in. I wonder, with all the oil we use each day, how the Earth still has enough oil in it for us to function the next. I bet some scientists know how much oil there is on Earth right now but I'm too lazy to search for it, so I'll just try to do my best in conserving oil and try to lessen my "footprint" on the use of oil, my car is pretty fuel efficient at around 30 mpg's so I guess that's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment