Sunday, February 22, 2009
Toxins and Me
I don't really care that much about the toxins in my environment, mostly because there is not much I can do about it. I don't live on a piece of land that has any toxic waste from a past mine, and the air I breathe is already filled with pollution. I think the level of toxicity something has to be before people have to take notice would be something that will affect the health of everyone in the entire state of California in a short period of time. But for things like asbestos infected dirt in a school, it is up to the local individual and community to decide what to do with it. I also think that when storing toxic waste, researchers should find a way to completely get rid of it so that the toxic waste is not just sitting around somewhere else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I agree that toxic substances in the environment should be taken care of by the community as well. To solve environmental problems like toxic substances in the air, the researchers will need the cooperation of every person in the community. The first step to getting there is raising public awareness about the danger of having toxic substances in the atmosphere and informing people how they can help curb the problem. You can start at home by disposing garbage the right way. It may seem insignificant, but if all the people in a community commit to this, it will have a big effect on the large scheme of things.
ReplyDeleteLeora Yang